Monday, May 7, 2012

I think I've got it



Good grief!  I think I may have actually figured out how to easily add photos to my blog.  Hoping this works.  In any case this is the beginning of a piece I made as part of a challenge offered by my local quilt store.  We had to use the Kaffe Fassett print you see in the middle of each flower petal.  I used Barbara Olson's technique of constructing each petal.  Eventually the piece had a center that I made by closely satin stitching using the tailor tacking foot on my Bernina.  Then I snipped the loops so they're kind of fuzzy.   Unfortunately I have yet to take a photo of the final project--it's now at the shop waiting for the results of viewer's voting.  Not so much interested in winning ( well, it would be nice) but I enjoyed the challenge.  Have never done a challenge quilt before.

4 comments:

  1. Sally!!!! It's wonderful!!! I love it...everything about it. Your fabric choices are really great and make the flower pop. This is so exciting...now we're going to get to see a lot of your gorgeous stuff, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your flower....it looks great...especially using the Kaffe prints.....can you put a link up for Barbara's flowers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy. The link to her website is http://www.barbaraolsonquiltart.com/ If I'm correct she may have a brief link to her process on the site, but I did buy her book.

      Delete
  3. Love this one too and the fabric you use is fabulous. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design