Monday, May 7, 2012
I think I've got it
Good grief! I think I may have actually figured out how to easily add photos to my blog. Hoping this works. In any case this is the beginning of a piece I made as part of a challenge offered by my local quilt store. We had to use the Kaffe Fassett print you see in the middle of each flower petal. I used Barbara Olson's technique of constructing each petal. Eventually the piece had a center that I made by closely satin stitching using the tailor tacking foot on my Bernina. Then I snipped the loops so they're kind of fuzzy. Unfortunately I have yet to take a photo of the final project--it's now at the shop waiting for the results of viewer's voting. Not so much interested in winning ( well, it would be nice) but I enjoyed the challenge. Have never done a challenge quilt before.