Saturday, May 5, 2012

Instant art quilt results



I signed up for an on-line class with Ellen Lindner called Instant Art Quilt.  What fun.  We were to select one of our fabrics from our "I can't bear to cut into this fabric" pile and cut it up in a prescribed manner and then rearrange the sections into a pleasant background.  Then add focus pieces.  One of my favorites themes is trees (along with circles) and this is what I came up with. I've since free motion embroidered the branches and added some twigs to the branch ends.  Knowing my problem with adding photos to this blog, you may or may not ever see the finished project.  I loved this class and it was just what I needed at this point in my creative life.   I first was introduced to Ellen's work on one of Bonnie McCaffrey's vid casts.  Love those also.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great on-line class....your tree looks great.....how is your camel coming along?....have not seen any pics lately.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camel is done. Thank you for asking. I'll try to take a photo of that work in progress. It's probably my slowest project going--2 1/2 years, I think.

      Delete
  2. I love your tree. Especially the way you arranged your "can't bear to cut" fabric. It will be fun to see your progress. I just know you will get the photos posted!

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design