Monday, June 17, 2013

Clean up going on


I've been working at cleaning up my sewing area and weeding unwanted, unfinished items that I know I'll never complete, in preparation of our quilt guild's first flea market/yard sale.  I came across the four blocks in the center of the above photo.  They were from Aardvarks patterns and though I really liked the larger wall hanging/quilt I had sort of lost interest in it.  Somehow a light bulb went off and I decided to just put the four together and frame it with some irregular squares/ ala Carol Taylor.  I'm thinking it looks kind of nice.  Still have to finish the borders.  I have the squares done, just need to add them together and then add to the inside piece.  So, another UFO almost done.  I'm also submitting some other UFOs for sale at the yard sale.  We'll see if any members are willing to take up the challenge and finish them.

Next up is my huge Kim McLean Flower Basket quilt.  The center part is almost done--only a few motifs to applique down and I may just fuse them down and then to do the circles around the entire quilt.  That will take a while...but I'm on a roll.

Meanwhile, waiting for the muse to come and provide some fodder for an original work.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing. I came looking for ideas for projects and I found a quilting genius. You are so far above anything that I can do, but my what inspiration you give me.
    I am your newest follower. I'm a wife, mother and grandma, retired and enjoying each new day.
    At the moment I have joined with a group of bloggers who are showing their studios. Please visit. I am also having a Give-A-Way. I would be honored to have you as a mutual follower.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comments. I don't post very often unfortunately, but I'm glad you like what you've seen of my work.

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design