Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Third attempt



This will be the third attempt to post this entry on my blog.  Frankly, sick of trying so this is the shortened version.

Finally finished my paper piecing wall hanging.  Hate paper piecing.  The inner quarter circles were a beast to do and I'm not happy with them.  To leave the paper on while joining the inner circle to the next arc?  That is the question.  Directions say to leave on.  I couldn't stand it and removed the paper first, but still not satisfied.  As I said I wasn't happy but moved on.   

There should have been a gazillion spikes in the outer boarder.  Sick of doing paper piecing so I found some fabric in my stash that I thought worked and in the long run was probably more effective.  All the fabrics were from my stash.

Now on the other UFOs.  Like I said, short and sweet.  Hope this managed to appear.

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful... really it is! I think your border fabric is amazing and it's perfect. The colors are wonderful and the pattern accentuates the quilt body wonderfully. You could not have planned it better. I know what you mean about getting tired of paper piecing once you've done a lot. Felt the same way about my NY Beauty - that's why it's not done! :) I give you credit for sticking to it and finishing a UFO!! Congratulations - you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else shares my displeasure with doing paper piecing. Perhaps another pattern might have made me happier.

      Delete
  2. Your NYB wall hanging looks great.....you did well to finish such a complex pattern.....love the colours.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind remarks. I love NYBeauty quilts and unfortunately about the only way to do them is with foundation piecing. The arcs are not problem, it's joining them to that inner quarter circle that posed the problem. I'm "off" paper piecing for a while.

      Delete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design