Sunday, August 26, 2012

There's been a change


If you remember yesterday's photo of the project for my free motion class in October, I've made some changes to it.  I took it over to a quilting friend whose reaction when she saw it immediately told me she didn't like the background fabric for the circle or the entire block.  So I've made some changes.  The beige background is still too pale, I think, but I'm not going to go out and buy new fabric for it.  One thing this has taught me is to buy fabric in larger pieces--fat quarters aren't going to do it.  This is not good for my pocketbook but should be better for my work I think.  








Not sure in what order the next photo will appear but I'm on to my second block for the class.  Right now I'm not liking it, but there are only so many decisions I can make in a day...so I'm leaving it to work on tomorrow. I'm going to add more arcs to it.  At the present time the pieces are only tacked in place, not permanently sewn so I can move things around or just replace the whole thing if it's not going where I want and I suspect that's the case.  Anyway, tomorrow is another day... It's not as if I don't have enough projects to keep my busy tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hoorah! You are back to blogging. Sounds like a great class and you are right to go with circles since they are what you love. I like what you have so far.

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design