Sunday, May 17, 2015

Feeling Guilty

For approximately the past 12 months I have not really been enthused about any of my current works in progress, nor have I mustered up any enthusiasm for starting a new project.  Yes, I see many quilts that I admire and would like to do something similar but somehow the energy is not there.  I'm still waiting...

In the meantime I've decided to finish many of the unfinished projects I have on my shelves.  Some just need to be quilted.  Others need a border and then quilting can begin.  Some are orphan blocks that will become--who knows what.  But I have pattern by Claudia Clark Myers in the book Colorful Quilts and the title of the quilt is Moonshine.  I admire every quilt she and her sometimes collaborator, Marilyn Badger, do together and here was a pattern I liked immensely.  However, it is paper pieced, definitely not one of my favorite methods of construction.  I do have a photo of the quilt from the magazine but don't feel comfortable posting it here.  I have many.many more blocks done, currently enough for 8 rows down.    This is a shot of some of them put together.  There is a big and small side to each block.  Sometime soon I'll audition them in various positions and see if I can find something pleasing.  I spent a lot of time going through my fabrics to find combinations that matched hers so I'd like there to be some movement to the piece.  Hers has blocks with lighter values going from the lower left to the upper right.  In order to finish I would say I would at least have to make at least another 32 blocks.  Remember each block has two parts.  Can you see why I'm stalled doing a process I don't like, although I'm happy with the results.


1 comment:

  1. Ok... like we talked about... you have the lose that guilt feeling. It won't do you any good to feel guilty. (This is coming from the queen of guilt so I know what I'm talking about it). Easier said than done, right?

    Anyway, I love it and think you should do a series with the remaining blocks. It would be more of a challenge, would allow you to use your remaining blocks keeping them on the smaller size, and give you a huge feeling of accomplishment! :) Just my two-cents!

    You have such talent and you always do the most incredible work!

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design