Thursday, August 22, 2013

Plugging along


I've added a few more blocks to the Fractured Quilt started from the class with Kathy Doughty at Quilting by the Lake back in late July.  I'm truly trying not to purchase more fabric but I may have to end up doing some fabric purchases.  The Pennsylvania Quilt show in Oaks, Pa., is coming up in mid-September so I'm hoping to find some "perfect" fabrics there.  Meanwhile I need a taller design wall--isn't happening so I have to resort to packaging tape and a step stool to get the top blocks up so I can see them.  As I said I'm trying to do some color arrangement of cooler on the left and warmer on the right.  There are some blocks that aren't perfect but as the saying goes "it is what it is".

In the meantime I started another Fractured Quilt.  This time only a lap size quilt.  Jane Sassaman was the opening speaker at QBL and I have a collection of some of her fabrics so I decided to use those and try a different arrangement with fabrics framing the center blocks.  I haven't sewn much of it together yet but I hope you get the idea in the photo.  I'm hoping it appears below:

Wow, success in actually getting it to appear in the middle of the blog.  I'm hoping you can see that I tried to arrange the fabrics so they surrounded the center.  Kind of yard to explain my intent but I'm hoping you get the idea.

Also there is a Fractured QAL that will be beginning in early September.  I'm hoping to figure out how to add a button to my blog so those of you doing the blog can post your progress.  If you go to Terri's blog you can see information about the upcoming QAL.  I'm hoping that perhaps Kathy may even pop in from time to time.  No instruction in the block construction will be given.  You need to purchase Kathy's book for that but it will be a place for those doing Fractured to share photos of progress.  I'm really loving this block and have ideas for future arrangements.  

3 comments:

  1. I would say that you are more than "plugging" along. Your first one looks fantastic and you've really done quite a bit to it. And, the second one? Wow... I really like it and I like the way you've used the fabrics. It's truly lovely. You've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is looking lovely, so colourful, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are on a roll! Looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design