Friday, July 15, 2011

Trying again

This is my second attempt to write a new post on my blog.  In about a week I will be going to Quilting by the Lake near Syracuse, NY.   I have never submitted a quilt to a show other than my local quilt guild's show but QBL always has a quilt show that runs the same time as the classes.  This year I decided to be brave and enter two recent quilts.  This is not a juried show just an opportunity to showcase you work. 


In a previous attempt at adding a post to my blog the entries came in reversed.  I have no idea what will happen this time.  In any case, the yellow one is based on the class that I took last year at QBL from Sue Benner.  I loved this class!  She's a great teacher.  The other quilt represents the work I did from a workshop with a fellow quilter in my home town.  I had just bought the book by Edrika Huws and decided to use her technique for construction.  She hand sewed her pieces together.  I glued mine.    Anyway, here they are.  Who knows which one will appear first. 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely...both of them (no matter what order they are in)!! You do such nice work Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered Edrica Huws book and was blown away. You have done perfect interpretation of your own! Bravo

    ReplyDelete

Dena Crain Work

Dena Crain Work
Tesselated Design